SMC 2019 - VENDOR PORTAL
SCALE MODEL CHALLENGE 2019
SMC 2019 will be held on October 19 & 20 , at the NH Eindhoven Conference Centre Koningshof, Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
SMC is arguably the world’s leading show for scale modelers, figure painters, collectors and traders and has established a solid reputation world wide since the start of the show in 2007.
For traders, manufacturers and other companies that are involved in the world of scale modelling and figure painting in any possible way, SMC is an event they simply cannot afford to miss, because besides from being the best opportunity to present your products to a target audience, SMC is also a business-to-business event : a place to find distributors and to connect with new partners.
SMC has proven to be the meeting place for hobbyists, professionals and semi-professionals. SMC informs its visitors by offering a wide range of traders, manufacturers, clubs , demonstrations, workshops and a major competition about the latest developments in the hobby, whether that being new kits and figures or the latest finishing techniques & products, books, magazines, tools and more. If there is one event where you should introduce your recent releases and novelty products, it would be SMC
SMC brings together supply and demand in an event that hit the mark of 4,000 visitors in 2018.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW !
Two days SMC!
SMC is a full two day show and stands can only be reserved for two days. Single day presence is not possible.
SMC Raffle contributions
For all participating vendors a contribution for the SMC raffle is mandatory.
Special awards and prizes by exhibitors
Due to logistic reasons we shall no longer announce and hand out any prizes from vendors during the official award ceremony. We really appreciate your awards for the contest, but we have to limit the amount of time that the annual award ceremony takes. If you wish to donate a prize nevertheless, please inform us prior to the show and we will provide you with cards to add to the winning model on the contest table. On these cards you can indicate that the winner is expected to collect your awards at your own stand or you can put your prize and the card to the model on the table.
Payment of your stand
As always, the payment of your stand fee is required in advance.
The deadline for payments is 15th June 2019, however, for stand fees paid before March 31, 2019 we grant a 15% discount on the table rate, providing that you have made your reservation before January 31, 2019.
SMC does not allow sales of counterfeit products at the show. By registering for SMC you accept this rule. Vendors who are found selling illegal copies during SMC will be required to leave the show immediately without receiving refunds of the stand fee and will not be invited for future SMC´s any more. All costs and damages that SMC suffers as a result from such sales actions will be charged to the exhibitor.
Opening hours of your stand
You are obliged to keep your stand during the show open on Saturday until 17:00 and on Sunday until 15:45, at the start of the award ceremony. Breaking down earlier than 15:45 on Sunday is not permitted under any circumstance.
Please note: Friday 18th October is reserverd to build up stand (only between 14:00 and 18:00!). Our contract with the venue does not allow for commercial activities (sales) on Friday.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR VENDORS
Dates and location
Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th October, 2019
NH Eindhoven Conference Centre Koningshof
Locht 117, 5504 RM, Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Dieze hall – Gender hall/-foyer – Kempen hall– Benelux hall/-foyer; Baronie hall, Brabant hall, Limburg and Meierij foyer and various conference rooms
Saturday 19 October: 10:00-17:00 hrs
Sunday 20 October : 10:00-17:00 hrs
Stand build-up and break-down
Friday 18 October from 14:00 until 18:00 hrs. Advance notification is required!
Saturday 19 October from 07:30 hrs until 09:45 hrs
Your stand is required to be ready at 09:45 hrs as doors open to visitors at 10:00 hrs.
Sunday 20 October after 15:45 hrs (at the start of the awards ceremony)
It is not allowed to break down earlier, and the halls should be cleared after 19:00 hrs.
Supply exhibition goods (please read carefully)
You can drive your vehicle up to door 9 of the Benelux hall (main trade hall) for build up. We refer to the floor plan for more details.
Sending merchandise and stand materials prior to the show is possible.NH Eindhoven will collect your goods from October 14th onwards
Use and add the following delivery details to your parcel(s). This is essential !
1. Your company name
2. NH Eindhoven Conference Centre Koningshof
5504 RM Veldhoven
3. Event: Scale Model Challenge 2019
Contact : mrs. Inge Slot
Tel. + 31 (0)40 253 7475
You can also download the address sheet here
Parking for vendors during SMC (important!)
For vendors we provide dedicated parking spaces directly at the exhibition halls (see floor plan).
Upon arrival, from Friday to Sunday, you are obliged to use the Parking Card to enable our parking attendants to guide you to the proper parker spaces. This P-card should be placed clearly visible behind the windscreen of your car, and completely filled out. Please note that the P-Card is obligatory because of the fire & safety regulations.
You can download the P-card using the link further down this page.
You are allowed to leave your car at the designated space until Sunday after the show. You are requested to follow the instructions of our parking team at all times. Please take into consideration that the parking attendants at SMC are a third party team.
Leaving your vehicle behind the halls already on Friday, in case you come to build up then, is only allowed if instructions of the parking staff are strictly (!) followed. Refusing to follow the staff’s instructions will result in towing away of your vehicle at your own expenses.
Without a Parking Card it is not possible to leave your car at the parking spaces behind the halls.
Paid Parking at NH (Please read)
NH has enforced paid parking since 2018. These costs are not included in any of our fees. Current rates are:
- first three hours: free of charge
- every next hour: € 1.50
- maximum fee: € 5/24 hrs
Parking fees also apply to hotel guests
NH Hotel accommodations (NEW)
NH Eindhoven Conference Centre Koningshof provides superb hotel accommodations. The hotel is connected to the exhibition halls and offers an excellent option for your stay during SMC.
Special price arrangements are available: reduced rates, no pre-payment required and cost free cancellation possible up to 1 week prior to arrival.
Please find the link to the NH Reservations website and all information in the main menu of our website. The special arrangements only apply to reservations made using the NH Reservations website and you should use the promotional code: t.b.a. when making the reservation.
On our website you will also find a PDF file with alternative hotels, B&B’s and other places to stay during SMC.
The catering during SMC is managed by the NH Eindhoven Conference Centre Koningshof and located in the Brabant hall with ample tables and seats available.
NH Eindhoven Conference Centre Koningshof will also provide a mobile catering service that will pass your stand several times during the day, so you will not be forced to leave your stand.
In the main trade hall, the Benelux hall, you will also find a small bar where you can acquire non-alcoholic beverages and snacks during the day.
Diners during SMC 2019 (NEW!)
On Saturday evening, 19 October there will be a large Welcome buffet dinner to which everyone is invited. Costs are t.b.a.
For those staying after the show, there will also be a buffet dinner after the show on Sunday. Costs are t.b.a.
In the hotel lobby of the NH Eindhoven Conference Centre Koningshof you will find a seperate sales desk where you can purchase vouchers for these diners. At this desk you can obtain the vouchers upon arrival or at any time during your stay, until seats are sold out.
Registration prior to the show is no longer required.
You can read more about these diners in the main menu of our website.
Tables and floor space
- For your stand we offer tables, sized 200x75cms which can be combined with empty floor space at your choice, for example for your own display materials. You can also choose for empty floor space only in case you bring your own or do not need any tables.
- The tables are covered by us with black cloth, but you are free to use your own covers over ours.
- Please note that covering your tables is mandatory, also in case you bring your own.
- All stands have access to electricity. You are kindly requested to take your own extension cords or reels.
- Each stand is also provided with a trash bag for small waste.
- We can provide your stand with separation or back drop walls. These are so called “harmonica” walls. These come in pairs and each pair is 220 cms high and 160cms wide. These are available at an additional cost.
Please note that advanced payment is required before 15th June 2019 .
- Sales table: € 105/table with 15% discount when paid before 31st March, 2019, and registration before 31st January 2019
- Free floor space: € 53/meter with 15% discount when paid before 31st March, 2019, and registration before 31st January 2019
- Harmonica walls: € 12/pair, no discounts apply
- Service charges: € 27,50 /stand* , no discounts apply
- Tables and free floor space can be combined.
- All prices are subject to VAT
* Service charges are costs that the venue charges additionally for general matters such as cleaning, limited waste disposal, power consumption, heating, technical support etc. The amount is fixed and not related to stand size or number of tables.
Included in stand fee and service charges
- Use of the rented tables during the show, build up and break down.
- Furniture: All stands are equipped with the number of seats which you need to specify when making your stand reservation.
- Power connection (230v) 3kw
- Power consumption(230v) for lighting and other equipment
- Contribution small waste disposal
- Placement and clearing of tables / stands
- Table covers
Not included in stand fee and service charges
- Insurance of your exhibited goods and merchandise
- Plants, additional lighting, additional furniture and decoration
- Strong current (380v and up)
- Removal of large waste and empty boxes. You are kindly requested to take these with you.
- Additional back drops (“harmonica” wall)
- Parking at NH Eindhoven Conference Centre Koningshof
Please contact us for more information, should you require any of the above (note: this does not apply to VAT and parking!)
NH Eindhoven Conference Centre Koningshof has a freely accessible Wi-Fi network. In case you use electronical payment devises that require internet connection you may consider taking a priority line (password protected) WiFi connection.
Costs are modest: € 1 per Mb/per user/ per day.
Please contact NH directly to obtain this option. You can contact Ms. Inge Slot at email@example.com
ID Wrist bands (Important change for 2019! Please read)
The organization will provide ID wristbands for your stand crew. You are required to indicate the number of crew members on the registration form.
The number of allocated wristbands will be in accordance with the size of your stand according to the following key:
2-6 metres : maximum 2 wristbands
7-12 metres : maximum 3 wristbands
13 metres or more : maximum 5 wristbands
We will charge € 10 (for two days) for every additional staff member.
We do not sell wristbands at the door on 18-19 and 20 October. Any staff added at last minute will have to pay the regular entrance fee at the SMC box office.
General commerce and Terms of Business
By registering your stand you accept all terms as stated on this page.
Terms for vendor stands at Scale Model Challenge 2019
- SMC 2019 is a two day show and stands can only be reserved for both days. One day attendance with a stand is not possible.
- Registration of vendor stands are only valid through the online form. After registration through this form, you will receive an automatically generated confirmation. This is not the final invoice!
- We only accept reservation forms on which you have indicated your mobile telephone number at which you can be reached at during the show weekend.
- Table rate is € 105 per table (200x75cms). ATTENTION: Payments received before 31st March 2019 are applicable for a 15% discount on the table rate, provided you have registered your stand before January 31, 2019. This discount does not apply to the service charges or additional harmonica walls. Empty floor space for your own displays is also available at a special price per unit. (1 unit = 100x75cms)
- Please note that in case your hire empty floor space and bring your own tables, you are required to cover the tables. Bare tables are not allowed. In this case we will cover the tables with our cloths at a rental fee of € 50 to be paid in cash.
- It is not allowed to lace merchandise or displays outside of the rented space. This means not in front of or besides your tables, nor outside of the markings of the empty floor space.
- Service charges per stand are € 27,50
- The number of allocated wristbands for your stand staff will be in accordance with the size of your stand according to the following key:
2-6 metres : maximum 2 wristbands
7-12 metres : maximum 3 wristbands
13 metres or more : maximum 5 wristbands
- For each additional staff member we charge you € 10 (for two days). On 18-19-20 October you cannot purchase additional wristbands anymore.
- All prices are exclusive VAT.
- Access to power supply is available on all stands and is included in the service charges. Please bring your own extension cords (Euro plug!).
- All participating vendors are required to donate a prize for the raffle/tombola.
- Settlement of the total amount is always required in advance. Your advance payment is required before 15th June 2019.
- Payments made via Paypal are always subject to a 5% surcharge.
- In case you are unable to attend after reservation, please inform us promptly by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations before 15th June, 2019 will not be charged. If you have already paid we will refund the entire amount minus banking costs.
- Cancellations between 16th June and 31st August 2019 will be charged at 50% of your total stand fee. If you have already paid we will refund 50% of the amount minus banking costs.
- Cancellations after August 31, 2019 will be charged at 100% of your stand fee. If you have not paid yet, you will receive an invoice for the total amount.
- SMC does not allow sales of counterfeit products at the show and we conduct a zero tolerance policy. By registering for SMC you accept this rule unconditionally. Vendors who are found selling counterfeit products during SMC will be required to leave the show immediately without receiving refunds of the stand fee and will be permanently banned from SMC. All costs and damage that SMC suffers as a result from such sales actions will be charged to the exhibitor.
- You are obliged to keep your stand open during the show on Saturday until 17:00 and on Sunday until 15:45, at the start of the award ceremony. Breaking down earlier than 15:45 on Sunday is not permitted under any circumstance.
- Building up your stand on Friday is permitted, but due to legal agreements with the venue trading on Friday is not allowed!
- By registering your stand for Scale Model Challenge you agree with and accept the terms as stated above.
SMC 2019 Advertising and Partnerships
We offer possibilities for partnerships and are open for any suggestions you may have. There are no guidelines as to what the partnership should consists of, but it is obvious that we are looking for financial sponsorship to keep the show running.
Possibilities for partnerships can always be discussed. Just ask….
In any case we will display your company logo banner on the SMC website and in the PowerPoint that will be running during both days of the show.
We place the company logos of all sponsors on the Partner Page of the SMC website. For this purpose we kindly ask you to supply us your logo. It will be placed immediately after the payment for the ad or sponsorship has been received.
Please send the logo in .Jpg format by email.
MAKE YOUR STAND RESERVATION
Please note that the available space for vendors is currently (8th January 2019) fully occupied. We will leave the registration form available, but please note that you will be added to the waiting list and you will be informed in case space becomes available.